But it would prove to be the role that changed his life. ), who discovers a time portal into 1960 and goes on a mission to prevent the assassination of JFK. . "I figured if they can achieve that same effect in Escape From Pretoria, that's so powerful in documentary form, what can we do in narrative form? Webber grew up on the New South Wales Central Coast and attended Green Point Christian College. The actor who plays Oswald, Daniel Webber, is from the city of Gosford, New South Wales, Australia.

with a question mark. [12], "MÖTLEY CRÜE Biopic 'The Dirt' To Arrive In March", "Daniel Webber as Lee Harvey Oswald is the best reason to watch Hulu's '11.22.63, "Recreating Lee Harvey Oswald's history got 'very eerie' for '11.22.63' actor Daniel Webber", "Daniel Webber of '11.22.63' on Getting Into the Mind of Lee Harvey Oswald", "The '11.22.63' star who plays Lee Harvey Oswald reveals what he learned about the JFK shooter", "Daniel Webber, Eliza Taylor to Star in Police Drama 'Thumper, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Daniel_Webber_(actor)&oldid=984643829, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 21 October 2020, at 07:31. ", It also inspired Webber to be more conscious of the world he lives in, with the star admitting, "I wouldn't have said I was really politically active. "It's hard to put your finger on what the difference is. "Those are the stories that you want to put out there in the world. To do this for his11.22.63 character, Webber drew upon universal human experiences. Two months later, he landed the part. Researching the role of Oswald was not easy but Webber basked in the challenge of recreating the famed assassin. "Seriously, his films are the best films — some of my favourite movies. "I was also attracted to him in the sense [that] he’s so very different from me as far as his mannerisms, how he acted, how he talked. "It’s about knowing who he is, and what similarities you have." Among his best known roles, Webber has portrayed Mötley Crüe lead singer Vince Neil in the 2019 film The Dirt,[1] Lee Harvey Oswald in the American science fiction thriller miniseries 11.22.63 and Lewis Wilson in the Netflix original series The Punisher. The most exciting times, and I believe it has helped with work coming to me since then. The actor took on another iconic figure when he portrayed Mötley Crüe frontman Vince Neil in the 2019 biopic The Dirt. Mashable, Inc. All Rights Reserved. ", 'The Second' stars Vince Colosimo and Rachael Blake on how the Australian film industry needs to change, Prisoner actress Anne Phelan dies aged 75 after health took 'sudden turn', Aussie actor Bryan Brown reveals why he never made the move to Hollywood, Ryan Kwanten reveals what attracted him to Facebook series Sacred Lies, TV host's husband says devastating first word after 214-day COVID battle, LeAnn Rimes shares 'unabashedly honest' naked photos of her psoriasis, Aussie brand's slinky bridesmaid dress raises eyebrows. That is just uninteresting and untrue, I think everybody is more than one thing...I wanted to show him [Lee Harvey Oswald] as a fully formed person. I guess it put me on the map over there in a much bigger way than I had anticipated.". [3] His first acting experience was on the 2009 film The Combination. 11.22.63 (TV Mini-Series 2016) - Daniel Webber as Lee Harvey Oswald - IMDb. It's not about that — he truly believed in the interactions and what they were doing," says Webber, who met the real-life activists over Skype prior to filming.

"I actually auditioned for that here in Australia," the 31-year-old tells 9Honey Celebrity for the series The Role That Changed My Life. He knew of Oswald — but "just the basic facts."

The result is a heart-stopping prison break film that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. "[9][10], Webber starred alongside Lena Headey and fellow Australian Eliza Taylor in the 2016 police drama film Thumper. Webber has since used his experience playing a real-life figure in his follow-up projects. Daniel Webber sports one of those faces that must be handy to an actor. Aussie actor Daniel Webber has developed a knack for playing real-life figures. Webber was relatively unknown in the US when he mailed off his audition tape all those years ago. You want to be able to support these guys who are fighting a regime that was oppressive to people's cultures and race. It was just one of the best times of my life. His mother's name is Vick Webber, his father is Peter Webber, who ran a Tree Removal company for 20 years. (FilmMagic), Aussie actor Daniel Webber opens up about playing real-life prisoner in new movie Escape From Pretoria, "I actually auditioned for that here in Australia," the 31-year-old tells 9Honey Celebrity for the series. From 2009–2010, he portrayed Darius Pike on the TV series K-9. From Gosford in the NSW Central Coast, the actor was not expecting a callback.

Daniel (Peter) Webber was born on the 28th of June, 1988 in the city of Gosford, New South Wales, Australia. Now Webber stars in the real-life prison break movie, Escape From Pretoria, opposite Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe.
"He embodied Lee so well.

I honestly couldn't ask for a meatier and more complex role in a better setting," he says.
(Getty), Webber plays real-life activist Stephen Lee in Escape From Pretoria. is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. So you do an audition tape, you film a scene with a friend and then you send it off to America, and you either get a callback or you won't. It was so bizarre — he had the right body language, look...even his eye movements. [3] He also had roles on All Saints and in the miniseries Devil's Dust. "It's so rare to tell a story about real people whose values and morals are in the right place. All rights reserved. Growing up in Australia, the actor didn't study American history. I wanted to do a good job on it because it was not your average sort of pilot.". [5][6] After he was cast, he then read the novel on which it was based, as well as other books about the assassination.

[2] He was a trampolinist and performed in the 2000 Summer Olympics closing ceremony. It's the same desire as in the US to make a good story and tell a good story, but in some ways there's just a difference that Australian crews and cast have.

Bachelor In Paradise couple Mary Viturino and Conor Canning are having a baby, Wigan give St Helens a French lesson to leapfrog rivals at top of Super League, Canada police, border agency accused of colluding to get Huawei exec's passcodes, China's factory activity slows slightly in October, Hidden inside this old barn lies a spectacular getaway, NSW records four new coronavirus cases with one at trampoline venue. Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images, Lee Harvey Oswald, who is played by Daniel Webber, at the center of many conspiracy theories. "It forces you to look into their worlds and people's lives in a really interesting way, and learn on a much deeper level than you normally have to.". It's a joy to tell those stories.". "That might be one of my favourite parts about doing this whole job, burrowing away for two months and just reading and researching and learning," Webber explains. But that's what happened when Aussie actor Daniel Webber auditioned for the part of Lee Harvey Oswald in the 2016 mini-series 11.22.63. Actors who completely transformed for roles, Aussie actor Daniel Webber has developed a knack for playing real-life figures. Webber just wishes he was able to work more on home soil.

I'm just over here, ready to go.". They were almost too good in some ways for where their country was at the time," Webber says of the political prisoners.

"It was the first job that I got in America, with pretty much every person I truly admire — Stephen King wrote it, J.J. Abrams was producing and James Franco was attached to it. For Carpenter, who is both an executive producer and the series' showrunner, it was important that Webber portray Oswald as multi-layered. Now Webber stars in the real-life prison break movie, Escape From Pretoria, opposite Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe. "I read the script, and it was a wonderful script, and watching the documentary, I clearly remember getting sweaty palms. He has an older sister Kylie Webber and a younger sister Sarah Webber. Why these plus-size influencers are dressing as Disney princesses to make a change, These women are changing the sound of sport — and they offer lessons that stretch far beyond the commentary box, Unidentified person attempted to register dead people as Democratic voters in Florida, Lewis Hamilton calls in his 'union' over proposed salary cut, Drive less or face post-lockdown gridlock, UK transport experts warn, Rebekah Vardy puts on a VERY leggy display in a racy red dress, Three spooky homes for sale this Halloween: From a Hogwarts Harry Potter flat to a converted church with a hot tub surrounded by tomb stones, Rugby: Australia's 2027 World Cup bid picks up steam with more government funding, At Least 6 GOP congressional candidates Refuse Public debates in final weeks before election, Why cinema will survive the coronavirus pandemic, Minnesota opts against asking Supreme Court to block mail-in ballots ruling, Conspiracy theorists forced to apologise for calling Victorian youth leader a Covid 'crisis actor', Actress Lori Loughlin starts prison term for role in college admissions scandal, James May wants chefs to drink while cooking as he launches Keith Floyd-style show, State Trooper working Cuomo's security banished to Canadian border, Coronavirus: Partial lockdown reimposed in Belgium, Rio Tinto Argyle diamond mine closure may prompt rush of demand for 'totally unique' pink stones, US election a ‘referendum on President Trump’s performance’, Western Australia poised to relax hard border, Klopp considers Mascherano-type at centre-back amid Liverpool injury crisis, Canada extends international travellers ban, Herb or vegetable?

For the actor, the real question is if Oswald was "influenced by anyone else, or if he acted alone. But in an incredible display of ingenuity, the duo successfully broke out of the country's Pretoria Maximum Security Prison by secretly carving wooden keys in the woodwork room that unlocked all 10 steel doors to freedom. Webber, who read King's book after getting cast, said he tried to get a grasp of who Oswald was "based on who he connected with and who he surrounded himself with." I get to study things like the rock'n'roll world of Vince Neil, and I get to study 1960s America and Lee Harvey Oswald and all of the history attached to that. Now Webber stars in the real-life prison break movie. Now slowly cementing himself as the one to watch in Hollywood, Webber says he would love to work with Stephen King again in the future. His character, Ryan, was a mysterious, creepy guy infatuated with Phoebe Nicholson, one of the show's leads.
Cairo Station Meaning, Matthew Wolff Caddy 2020, My Foolish Heart Music, When Was Electricity First Used In Homes, Us Customary Units Of Weight, Change Partners Lyrics Nba, Oak Steakhouse Raleigh, Detective Chinatown 2 Soundtrack, Ryan Kerry Stokes Wife, Yamazato Timberlake Menu, Old School Quotes Mitch, Deftones Ohms Songs, Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries 1931, Akon New Album 2019, Mad River Canoe, Cheltenham, Vic, Peter Kostis Interview, Current Status Example, Isy Suttie Podcast, William Gilbert, I'm Sprung 2, " />
But it would prove to be the role that changed his life. ), who discovers a time portal into 1960 and goes on a mission to prevent the assassination of JFK. . "I figured if they can achieve that same effect in Escape From Pretoria, that's so powerful in documentary form, what can we do in narrative form? Webber grew up on the New South Wales Central Coast and attended Green Point Christian College. The actor who plays Oswald, Daniel Webber, is from the city of Gosford, New South Wales, Australia.

with a question mark. [12], "MÖTLEY CRÜE Biopic 'The Dirt' To Arrive In March", "Daniel Webber as Lee Harvey Oswald is the best reason to watch Hulu's '11.22.63, "Recreating Lee Harvey Oswald's history got 'very eerie' for '11.22.63' actor Daniel Webber", "Daniel Webber of '11.22.63' on Getting Into the Mind of Lee Harvey Oswald", "The '11.22.63' star who plays Lee Harvey Oswald reveals what he learned about the JFK shooter", "Daniel Webber, Eliza Taylor to Star in Police Drama 'Thumper, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Daniel_Webber_(actor)&oldid=984643829, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 21 October 2020, at 07:31. ", It also inspired Webber to be more conscious of the world he lives in, with the star admitting, "I wouldn't have said I was really politically active. "It's hard to put your finger on what the difference is. "Those are the stories that you want to put out there in the world. To do this for his11.22.63 character, Webber drew upon universal human experiences. Two months later, he landed the part. Researching the role of Oswald was not easy but Webber basked in the challenge of recreating the famed assassin. "Seriously, his films are the best films — some of my favourite movies. "I was also attracted to him in the sense [that] he’s so very different from me as far as his mannerisms, how he acted, how he talked. "It’s about knowing who he is, and what similarities you have." Among his best known roles, Webber has portrayed Mötley Crüe lead singer Vince Neil in the 2019 film The Dirt,[1] Lee Harvey Oswald in the American science fiction thriller miniseries 11.22.63 and Lewis Wilson in the Netflix original series The Punisher. The most exciting times, and I believe it has helped with work coming to me since then. The actor took on another iconic figure when he portrayed Mötley Crüe frontman Vince Neil in the 2019 biopic The Dirt. Mashable, Inc. All Rights Reserved. ", 'The Second' stars Vince Colosimo and Rachael Blake on how the Australian film industry needs to change, Prisoner actress Anne Phelan dies aged 75 after health took 'sudden turn', Aussie actor Bryan Brown reveals why he never made the move to Hollywood, Ryan Kwanten reveals what attracted him to Facebook series Sacred Lies, TV host's husband says devastating first word after 214-day COVID battle, LeAnn Rimes shares 'unabashedly honest' naked photos of her psoriasis, Aussie brand's slinky bridesmaid dress raises eyebrows. That is just uninteresting and untrue, I think everybody is more than one thing...I wanted to show him [Lee Harvey Oswald] as a fully formed person. I guess it put me on the map over there in a much bigger way than I had anticipated.". [3] His first acting experience was on the 2009 film The Combination. 11.22.63 (TV Mini-Series 2016) - Daniel Webber as Lee Harvey Oswald - IMDb. It's not about that — he truly believed in the interactions and what they were doing," says Webber, who met the real-life activists over Skype prior to filming.

"I actually auditioned for that here in Australia," the 31-year-old tells 9Honey Celebrity for the series The Role That Changed My Life. He knew of Oswald — but "just the basic facts."

The result is a heart-stopping prison break film that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. "[9][10], Webber starred alongside Lena Headey and fellow Australian Eliza Taylor in the 2016 police drama film Thumper. Webber has since used his experience playing a real-life figure in his follow-up projects. Daniel Webber sports one of those faces that must be handy to an actor. Aussie actor Daniel Webber has developed a knack for playing real-life figures. Webber was relatively unknown in the US when he mailed off his audition tape all those years ago. You want to be able to support these guys who are fighting a regime that was oppressive to people's cultures and race. It was just one of the best times of my life. His mother's name is Vick Webber, his father is Peter Webber, who ran a Tree Removal company for 20 years. (FilmMagic), Aussie actor Daniel Webber opens up about playing real-life prisoner in new movie Escape From Pretoria, "I actually auditioned for that here in Australia," the 31-year-old tells 9Honey Celebrity for the series. From 2009–2010, he portrayed Darius Pike on the TV series K-9. From Gosford in the NSW Central Coast, the actor was not expecting a callback.

Daniel (Peter) Webber was born on the 28th of June, 1988 in the city of Gosford, New South Wales, Australia. Now Webber stars in the real-life prison break movie, Escape From Pretoria, opposite Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe.
"He embodied Lee so well.

I honestly couldn't ask for a meatier and more complex role in a better setting," he says.
(Getty), Webber plays real-life activist Stephen Lee in Escape From Pretoria. is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. So you do an audition tape, you film a scene with a friend and then you send it off to America, and you either get a callback or you won't. It was so bizarre — he had the right body language, look...even his eye movements. [3] He also had roles on All Saints and in the miniseries Devil's Dust. "It's so rare to tell a story about real people whose values and morals are in the right place. All rights reserved. Growing up in Australia, the actor didn't study American history. I wanted to do a good job on it because it was not your average sort of pilot.". [5][6] After he was cast, he then read the novel on which it was based, as well as other books about the assassination.

[2] He was a trampolinist and performed in the 2000 Summer Olympics closing ceremony. It's the same desire as in the US to make a good story and tell a good story, but in some ways there's just a difference that Australian crews and cast have.

Bachelor In Paradise couple Mary Viturino and Conor Canning are having a baby, Wigan give St Helens a French lesson to leapfrog rivals at top of Super League, Canada police, border agency accused of colluding to get Huawei exec's passcodes, China's factory activity slows slightly in October, Hidden inside this old barn lies a spectacular getaway, NSW records four new coronavirus cases with one at trampoline venue. Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images, Lee Harvey Oswald, who is played by Daniel Webber, at the center of many conspiracy theories. "It forces you to look into their worlds and people's lives in a really interesting way, and learn on a much deeper level than you normally have to.". It's a joy to tell those stories.". "That might be one of my favourite parts about doing this whole job, burrowing away for two months and just reading and researching and learning," Webber explains. But that's what happened when Aussie actor Daniel Webber auditioned for the part of Lee Harvey Oswald in the 2016 mini-series 11.22.63. Actors who completely transformed for roles, Aussie actor Daniel Webber has developed a knack for playing real-life figures. Webber just wishes he was able to work more on home soil.

I'm just over here, ready to go.". They were almost too good in some ways for where their country was at the time," Webber says of the political prisoners.

"It was the first job that I got in America, with pretty much every person I truly admire — Stephen King wrote it, J.J. Abrams was producing and James Franco was attached to it. For Carpenter, who is both an executive producer and the series' showrunner, it was important that Webber portray Oswald as multi-layered. Now Webber stars in the real-life prison break movie, Escape From Pretoria, opposite Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe. "I read the script, and it was a wonderful script, and watching the documentary, I clearly remember getting sweaty palms. He has an older sister Kylie Webber and a younger sister Sarah Webber. Why these plus-size influencers are dressing as Disney princesses to make a change, These women are changing the sound of sport — and they offer lessons that stretch far beyond the commentary box, Unidentified person attempted to register dead people as Democratic voters in Florida, Lewis Hamilton calls in his 'union' over proposed salary cut, Drive less or face post-lockdown gridlock, UK transport experts warn, Rebekah Vardy puts on a VERY leggy display in a racy red dress, Three spooky homes for sale this Halloween: From a Hogwarts Harry Potter flat to a converted church with a hot tub surrounded by tomb stones, Rugby: Australia's 2027 World Cup bid picks up steam with more government funding, At Least 6 GOP congressional candidates Refuse Public debates in final weeks before election, Why cinema will survive the coronavirus pandemic, Minnesota opts against asking Supreme Court to block mail-in ballots ruling, Conspiracy theorists forced to apologise for calling Victorian youth leader a Covid 'crisis actor', Actress Lori Loughlin starts prison term for role in college admissions scandal, James May wants chefs to drink while cooking as he launches Keith Floyd-style show, State Trooper working Cuomo's security banished to Canadian border, Coronavirus: Partial lockdown reimposed in Belgium, Rio Tinto Argyle diamond mine closure may prompt rush of demand for 'totally unique' pink stones, US election a ‘referendum on President Trump’s performance’, Western Australia poised to relax hard border, Klopp considers Mascherano-type at centre-back amid Liverpool injury crisis, Canada extends international travellers ban, Herb or vegetable?

For the actor, the real question is if Oswald was "influenced by anyone else, or if he acted alone. But in an incredible display of ingenuity, the duo successfully broke out of the country's Pretoria Maximum Security Prison by secretly carving wooden keys in the woodwork room that unlocked all 10 steel doors to freedom. Webber, who read King's book after getting cast, said he tried to get a grasp of who Oswald was "based on who he connected with and who he surrounded himself with." I get to study things like the rock'n'roll world of Vince Neil, and I get to study 1960s America and Lee Harvey Oswald and all of the history attached to that. Now Webber stars in the real-life prison break movie. Now slowly cementing himself as the one to watch in Hollywood, Webber says he would love to work with Stephen King again in the future. His character, Ryan, was a mysterious, creepy guy infatuated with Phoebe Nicholson, one of the show's leads.
Cairo Station Meaning, Matthew Wolff Caddy 2020, My Foolish Heart Music, When Was Electricity First Used In Homes, Us Customary Units Of Weight, Change Partners Lyrics Nba, Oak Steakhouse Raleigh, Detective Chinatown 2 Soundtrack, Ryan Kerry Stokes Wife, Yamazato Timberlake Menu, Old School Quotes Mitch, Deftones Ohms Songs, Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries 1931, Akon New Album 2019, Mad River Canoe, Cheltenham, Vic, Peter Kostis Interview, Current Status Example, Isy Suttie Podcast, William Gilbert, I'm Sprung 2, " />

daniel webber lee harvey oswald